If you’re involved in managing research data, then our “Tech Talk” forum is for you.
Monthly Tech Talk meetings are being organised by the Australian National Data Service (ANDS) in collaboration with eRSA, NeCTAR and other eResearch infrastructure providers.
This is an opportunity to catch up on innovations in data technology from around the country, and also an opportunity for informal networking at the local venue.
Data visualisation is one of the steps in data analysis process. Researchers have long been using data visualisation tools to identify patterns, find correlations, and spot trends and anomalies etc. in data. Data visualisation is of more importance when we deal with big and multiple dimensional data, where it is almost impossible to comprehend data or find linkages between data points in a spreadsheet or in other quantitative formats.
In this event, three data technologists and researchers will present their work of either applying or developing data visualisation tools for different types of data and visualisation tasks.
Speakers for this Tech Talk include:
- Zegami – A Visual Discovery and Analytics Platform – George Sainsbury, Data Architect & Software Engineer at The Plant Accelerator
- Exploring visualisation tools for massive point clouds – Adam Steer, Earth Systems data specialist at National Computational Infrastructure
- Large-scale comparative visualisation of sets of multidimensional data – David Barnes, Associated Professor & Director of Monash Immersive Visualisation Platform
Why come along? The general purpose for this virtual + face-to-face meeting is twofold:
- Provide a national forum for developers working with research data and/or research data management to discuss topics of interest
- Enable a dialogue between developers and NCRIS facilities (e.g. ANDS, NeCTAR and RDS)
Who should come? Anyone who wants to know more about tech aspects of data and NCRIS facilities:
- data scientists
- researchers who are building data tools
- data technologists
- data librarians
Want to know more? Contact local organiser email@example.com
Event location: Ira Raymond Room, Barr Smith Library, University of Adelaide North Tce Campus
Date: Friday, 3 March 2017
Time:starts 2.30pm ACST