If you’re involved in managing research data, then our “Tech Talk” forum is for you.
Monthly Tech Talk meetings are being organised by the Australian National Data Service (ANDS) in collaboration with eRSA, NeCTAR and other eResearch infrastructure providers.
This is an opportunity to catch up on innovations in data technology from around the country, and also an opportunity for informal networking at the local venue.
This February’s talk event will have a representative from each cloud to introduce their science cloud project.
Chair: Kheeran Dharmawardena (Nectar Science Clouds Project coordinator)
- Introduction to science clouds and Nectar science cloud projects (Michelle Barker, Nectar Deputy Director)
- Australian Ecosystems Science Cloud (Siddeswara Guru, TERN Data Integration and Synthesis Manager)
- Australian BioSciences Cloud (Andrew Lonie, VLSCI & EMBL Australia Bioinformatics Resource Director)
- Australian Marine Sciences Cloud (Brendan Davey, TPAC Software Development Manager)
Why come along? The general purpose for this virtual + face-to-face meeting is twofold:
- Provide a national forum for developers working with research data and/or research data management to discuss topics of interest
- Enable a dialogue between developers and NCRIS facilities (e.g. ANDS, NeCTAR and RDS)
Who should come? Anyone who wants to know more about tech aspects of data and NCRIS facilities:
- data scientists
- researchers who are building data tools
- data technologists
- data librarians
Want to know more? Contact local organiser email@example.com
Event location: Ira Raymond Room, Barr Smith Library, University of Adelaide North Tce Campus
Date: Friday, 3 February 2017
Time:starts 2.30pm ACST