If you’re involved in managing research data, then our “Tech Talk” forum is for you.
Monthly Tech Talk meetings are being organised by the Australian National Data Service (ANDS) in collaboration with eRSA, NeCTAR and other eResearch infrastructure providers.
This is an opportunity to catch up on innovations in data technology from around the country, and also an opportunity for informal networking at the local venue.
Speakers for this Tech Talk include:
- Dr Philippa Griffin: The Data Life Cycle for Biology: a Researcher’s Perspective Dr Griffin is an evolutionary biologist and bioinformatician, EMBL-ABR Open Data Coordinator and Bioinformatician/Research Fellow, Melbourne Bioinformatics. (https://findanexpert.unimelb.edu.au/display/person137175)
- Dr Andrew Janke: RAiD and GiD, the missing links of the Research Data LifeCycle Data LifeCycle project – http://www.dlc.edu.au https://www.linkedin.com/in/ajanke/
- Topic to advise – speaker to confirm
Why come along? The general purpose for this virtual + face-to-face meeting is twofold:
- Provide a national forum for developers working with research data and/or research data management to discuss topics of interest
- Enable a dialogue between developers and NCRIS facilities (e.g. ANDS, NeCTAR and RDS)
Who should come? Anyone who wants to know more about tech aspects of data and NCRIS facilities:
- data scientists
- researchers who are building data tools
- data technologists
- data librarians
Want to know more? Contact local organiser firstname.lastname@example.org
Event location: Ira Raymond Room, Barr Smith Library, University of Adelaide North Tce Campus
Date: Friday, 7 April 2017
Time:starts 2.30pm ACST